Wednesday 20 October 2010

asteroids - Dynamic Method-Please explain

I have, for years, been an Astronomy and physics nerd. For the first while, I was a total astronomy nerd. Then I slowly transitioned into physics and have been, for less than a year, a physics nerd. In this shirt while, I have taught my self calculus up to Calculus II (over summer and early this school year; I was 14 then). I know how to do geodesics, Schrodinger's equation, classical physics, etc and I'm teaching myself QFT and even planning to make one on quintessence. When I was an astronomy nerd, I didn't know how to do a lot of this math, and so I quit. Now, I am in an "astronomy comeback" phase. There's still one particular thing involving classical physics and astronomy that I still can't quite get-



The question-
How exactly, with steps and math shown, do you derive the masses of asteroids via perturbations? please, no links, because I have searched and searched for years and can't find anything. Thank you!



P.s. An extra thank you if you read the whole thing(including the story)! 😄

No comments:

Post a Comment