Friday 19 June 2009

Does the sun now 'bypass" some of the original zodiac constellations?

This question got me thinking of an interview of, or a talk by Neil deGrasse Tyson that I saw somewhere in the YouTube universe, giving a question one might ask to possibly challenge literal interpretation of one's astrological sign. For some reason I can't find it now, but I believe he said that currently the sun does not actually pass through all twelve zodiac constellations any more.



I'm not looking for opinions or any particulars about Astrology, please, just the science! (if there is some) If someone is familiar with the statement, I'd like to hear if I've got it right, and if it's due to proper motion, precession, redrawing/redefinition of constellation boundaries, or something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment