Thursday 22 July 2010

atmosphere - Equation for solar radiation at a given latitude on a given exoplanet?

I'm trying to find equations that would help me determine the amount of solar radiation hitting a certain latitude on a certain planet given the following inputs:



  • the degrees of latitude of the location in question

  • this hemisphere's current season (winter or summer)

  • size of the planet

  • luminosity of the star(s) the planet orbits

Without taking into consideration wind, air pressure, or any atmospheric effects.



Ideally I would like to determine the average solar radiation of a given location in both the winter and summer.



My end goal is to determine the average surface temperature of a given latitude on a planet using the base solar radiation and the effects of wind, air pressure, and surface ocean currents.



I know it is possible to do this for the entire planet generally, but I would like some way of doing it for a particular latitude and season.

No comments:

Post a Comment