Thursday 30 December 2010

homework - What is the Giemsa staining of chromosomes?

I got the question in my exam and wrote the following and I do not understand what is wrong in it:




Giemsa staining is a staining method to stain particularly malaria and other parasital diseases. G-bands occur because Giemsa stain
consists of A,T rich material i.e. poor gene such that dark and white
bands occur. Each chromosome has an unique reaction to Giemsa staining
so G-bands occur.




0 points. I do not understand what's wrong with it, since in their comments about the same question in my first exam they wrote also the extra questions: What are G-bands? How are they formed and why? This time I answered the given things and got zero mark.



Probably, the mistake was that I did not answer to the question in the scope of medical Biology in some way. However, I am not exactly sure what it is exactly.



How would you answer to the question when you know that the course was about medical biology?



Please, add the tag Giemsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment