Friday 18 November 2011

star systems - How do the orbits of Nu Scorpii and AR Cassiopeiae work?

I apologize for the way this question is worded but I don't think I know the proper verbiage. Basically, I want to know how the stars orbit one another in the two septuple star systems. For example, are there two massive stars in the middle that have the five remaining stars orbiting similar to the planets of our system; does one of the orbiting stars have one or more smaller star-"moons;" maybe there are stars trapped in one of the Lagrange Points. I hope that clears up the question.



I am aware that the orbits of these systems may not be known/understood. If that is the case, then I would appreciate the orbital relationships between the stars in the highest-multiple star system. If that is confusing, I mean, if we know the orbits for the stars in a sextuple system; if not then a quintuple... etc.



Finally, as an added bonus, I would appreciate being told the correct verbiage. Thank you, much.

No comments:

Post a Comment