Wednesday 8 April 2009

homework - Substrates of cytochemical reactions in this immunostaining

Expression of extracellular protein Laminin 9 alpha-4 chain in human skeletal muscle.
Indirect immunostaining with HRP immunostain marker. Ob.x40.



I have unsuccessfully searched NCBI -database, JSTOR and other major Biology databases for an answer. This suggests to me that I do not understand what is going on.



1. What are the substrates of above cytochemical reactions for the given immunostaining above?




I need to give a simpler question where I apparently know the reaction exactly, since it is possible that people cannot answer the above question.



Mitochondria in Hep-2 cell line cells. Cytochemical test for mitochondria specific enzyme NAHD dehydrogenase. Ob.x40.



2. What is the substrate of the cytochemical reaction?



My answer:



The reaction of NADH dehydrogenase is:




NADH + H+ + CoQ → NAD+ + CoQH2




Substrate: CoQ

No comments:

Post a Comment