Tuesday 5 June 2007

oc.optimization control - Uniformly distribute a population in a given search space

I am trying to uniformly distribute a finite number of particles into a 2D search space to get me started with an optimization problem, but I am having a hard time doing it. I am thinking that it might have something to do with convex sets, but I might as well be totally off, so I am asking you guys of a proper way to do it .



Edit: Ok, so I have to implement the Particle Swarm Optimization algorithm in order to get the polynomial input for Baker's algorithm and to get started with PSO, I have to uniformly distribute the particles in the search space (the initial example I got was of the distribution of particles inside of a cube, but that's kind of vague for me). What does it mean to uniformly distribute in the search space?

No comments:

Post a Comment