Sunday 26 July 2015

single word requests - A more elegant way of writing "attempt to replicate them" for Teaching Statement

I'm writing up my Teaching Statement for an Assistant Professor position in the sciences. Because all I do is read and write science, I have no elegance in my writing at all! I'm trying to make the last sentence sound better:




I have been fortunate enough to work with some great mentors in my
life journey thus far. Integrity, compassion, and selfless care for
students were role-modeled for me on a day-to-day basis, teaching me
things far beyond academics. It has been a life-long goal to attempt to
replicate them
.




I'm trying to express that it has been a life-long goal of mine to pass-on what great mentors in my life have done for me to future students. They took me under their wings and provided important role-modeling, perspective, and guidance in my life when I was a drifting early-twenty-something male.



Is there a nice and succinct way of writing this? Is there a phrase or an expression that has the same meaning as the highlighted text in the provided context? Is there a word that could replace "attempt to replicate them" to make it more concise?

No comments:

Post a Comment