Wednesday 29 July 2015

identify this movie - Desert high school kid whose mother tried to send him to rehab in Fiji or Samoa

An Independent movie. Time frame was maybe 2008 (a guess) – very modern – could be today. The location was the American Southwest desert, I think Vegas or Arizona



The kid was brilliant. Lived in a desert suburb. His mother was a mess, neurotic and concerned her son was wrecking his life with drugs. (and he was.) She did an intervention. Kid escapes (multiple times) - including faking to be sick and then escaping from the hospital bed before being sent to Fiji with a universal handcuff key he stitched into his shorts.



I believe, the main actor was the writer/director, and the story was actually based on his life. I think. (That's why I'm trying to find him and see if he's done anything since.) I can’t remember that kid’s name or the movie – and it’s killing me I can’t find it via Google-Bing.

No comments:

Post a Comment