Saturday 7 October 2006

dg.differential geometry - Cobordisms of bundles?

Is there a notion of a cobordism which is compatible with bundle structure?



That is, if I have bundles $E$ and $F$, is it the case that the manifold $W$ with $E$ and $F$ as boundary components, can be made into a bundle whose bundle structure, when restricted to $E$ or $F$, is the bundle structure of $E$ or $F$.



And, particularly, when can I connect $E$ and $F$ this way (not just when they're cobordant, but when this cobordism is compatable with this structure)? And what can I say about the bundle structure of $W$, knowing what $E$ and $F$ look like? (e.g., if $E$ and $F$ are G-bundles what can I say about the group action on $W$?)



Also, can anyone point me to any particular references which discuss this? I spent a few hours in our (fairly small) math library looking for something like this, but haven't been able to find anything that seems to discuss this. But I may just not know the right catch phrases to search for!

No comments:

Post a Comment