Saturday 22 August 2015

marvel cinematic universe - Why was S.H.I.E.L.D. noticeably missing from Iron Man 3?

The only thing I would add is that the movie is about Iron Man not the adventures of Iron Man AND S.H.I.E.L.D. AND a few Avengers thrown in for good measure.
Who goes to an Iron Man movie in order to see S.H.I.E.L.D.?
It would greatly diminish the drama having S.H.I.E.L.D. as Tony's safety blanket.
Therefore, they took away all his support (including his house) to "up the ante" so to speak.



So, S.H.I.E.L.D. is off fighting battles of it's own (natural disasters, super villains and
keeping the villains in prison.We'll find out exactly what eventually)
This happens in the comics all the time; hero asks for help but no one is around and they must go it alone. Or they refuse to ask for help out of stubbornness, pride, honor etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment